Tuesday, May 4, 2010

From the mouth of Belle





This is my youngest daughter, Anabelle. She is 4 going on 35 and quite a challenge. She likes to give advice on life, even when you don't ask her. I have heard her telling other little girls things like "when you wear a hat it makes you taller and it will keep you from getting brain freeze." Great advice from a great girl. She has a BIG personality and keeps us smiling quite a bit of the time but the moments I cherish the most are right before bedtime when she talks to Jesus. She is so honest, as most children her age are and she doesn't hesitate to tell Him just how she feels. The other night this was her prayer...........

"Dear Jesus,
I wish you didn't die on the cross. It makes me sad that you did that. I know that you did that for me, but I wish you didn't have to. Thank you for doing that. I love you Jesus, goodnight."

"oh and thank you for the ice cream you are going to give me because it's so yummy and healthy."


Isaiah 10:6
The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.

1 comment:

Bill said...

We as adults would do well to listen well to the little ones...they are so authentic and honest in their feelings. One of the things I loved about being a teacher was the honesty of the kids when they shared their thoughts! Great example for us adults.
Bill